Rudlin Consulting aims to be the leading source of expertise on Japanese companies in Europe and to support Japanese multinationals in their global communications.
Rudlin Consulting is also the sole representative in Europe of the US-based company Japan Intercultural Consulting, whose mission is “helping clients increase profitability and employee engagement through improved communication and working relationships in multicultural environments”.
Having been established for ten years as a sole trader, Rudlin Consulting’s business has expanded to the point where additional marketing and client relationship support is needed.
- To be in charge of the day to day management of relationships with current Japan Intercultural Consulting clients in Europe (over 60 companies for training and HR consulting) and subcontracted consultants (15 across Europe and the Middle East), ensuring that Rudlin Consulting is responsive, accurate and systematic in our interactions with them.
- To support the Managing Director of Rudlin Consulting in developing new business.
- 6 month trial period for 2 days a week. Potential to increase number of days if business expands accordingly.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and then managing processes for client project workflow steps, using the customer relationship database as a repository for documentation for each client, task setting, schedule management.
- Creating and managing an overall system of shared project plans and timelines – assessing daily, weekly and monthly priorities and ensuring that all tasks are completed on time.
- Coordinates seamlessly with our team of consultants and facilitators and our bookkeeper (requesting invoices and checking them).
- Email triage and drafting of email responses.
- Working with and supporting client project activities, such as matching contractors to projects, confirming schedules, and communicating with clients about training session setup.
- Proactively looking for ways to expand business with existing clients
- Writing, including composing emails, proposals and confirmations
- Planning, marketing and managing and liaising with suppliers for open seminars, and also proactive in developing alternative ways of delivering and marketing training, such as webinars
- Formatting training materials.
- Updating the CRM database – addresses, names but also client profiles and related articles
- Postings on social media and on the JIC and Rudlin Consulting blogs and event listings.
- Maintains clear and effective communication with all team members, clients and vendors.
- Addresses team member and client inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Keeps Managing Director appraised of any major or proposed operating changes
- Handles problems professionally and confidentially.
- Assists in emergencies
- Is professional, confidential, and ethical in all interactions.
- Actively participates as a key member of the team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: The Marketing Manager should have a university degree or equivalent, and the following:
- At least 5-7 years experience in a similar role /with similar activities as listed above. Preferably with a professional services firm engaged in training and/or consulting.
- Computer competency with spreadsheet, document processing, e-mail and Internet knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint, knowledgeable about and comfortable with current online tools and social media
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess excellent oral and written communications and client-handling skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to juggle multiple activities, think quickly and reprioritize on the fly to deal with emerging issues. Manages multiple activities under tight timeframes
- Willing to pitch in and help with whatever is needed to get the job done
- Efficient administrative and organizational skills
- Flexible, cheerful, and level-headed. Positive and energetic personality.
- Dependable, mature and have a dedicated work ethic.
- Able to problem-solve and utilize resources
- Able to drive critical project processes including scheduling and team coordination.
- Self motivated, resourceful, and adept at problem solving.
- Intuitive; can identify priorities, ask the right questions and anticipate problems before they arise.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Japanese speaking, reading and writing
- Cross cultural sensitivity and knowledge
- Other European languages
- Interest in or experience of Japanese corporate cultures
- Accounting/book keeping
- Understanding of account based marketing
When onsite will work at Rudlin Consulting’s home office in Leatherhead, Surrey. Will work out of own office when not onsite.
For more content like this, subscribe to the free Rudlin Consulting Newsletter.