Working Effectively with Japanese Colleagues, Clients and Partners
This public seminar from Japan Intercultural Consulting (represented in Europe by Rudlin Consulting) will be particularly of use to those Europeans working at a management level, with Japanese colleagues on their team. The facilitator, Ian Fallmann, spent 21 years in Japan, 15 as Asia-Pacific Managing Director for Bloomberg. He was responsible for 1200 people in 18 countries and around 25 different nationalities.
- Why Japanese colleagues will not challenge you if you are their manager
- Does everything really need to be explained in such detail ?
- Why Japanese tend to be vague and indirect – and how to interpret what they mean
- Why Japanese people don’t give a lot of feedback
- How Japanese society and companies have been changing
- How decisions are made in Japanese organisations
- Why Japanese avoid risk
- How to get your ideas accepted by a Japanese organisation
- How to make meetings with Japanese people more effective
- How to build strong working relationships with Japanese
- How to behave appropriately at meals and other social situations
- What to keep in mind if you travel to Japan for business
- What most bothers Japanese about the Europeans they work with
- How to help Japanese team members be more confident
Instructor: Ian Fallmann
Individual fee: £375 plus VAT (£450 total) or 460 euros plus VAT (550 euros total)
Discounted fee for more than two delegates from the same organisation: £325 plus VAT (£390) or 400 euros plus VAT (480 euros total)
Please see Japan Intercultural Consulting events page for payment online by credit card.
For payment by bank transfer or for an invoice – please contact pernillerudlinjapaninterculturalcom
Or post a cheque for the full amount including VAT, made payable to “Rudlin Consulting Ltd” to St Georges House, 26 Princes Street, Norwich NR3 1AE, UK
For more content like this, subscribe to the free Rudlin Consulting Newsletter.Read More